Friday, April 17, 2009

Repurposing Old Furniture...Giving It NEW LIFE!
This dresser sat in a resale shop for several weeks feeling neglected and unloved. During my first visit, I could see its great bones and sturdy construction. The price tag was a mere $22.00, but I talked myself out of buying it and walked away. When I returned a week later, to my surprise, the wonderful old piece was still there, so I snatched it up at an even cheaper price -- $18.
I began refinishing the dresser that afternoon, and within a few days I had given new life to the lackluster piece of furniture.
Now it resides in my foyer and it reminds me of the importance of seeing the best in everything. Every little thing, no matter how beaten or worn down, has potential. We just need to provide the opportunity and inspiration to make it happen!

1 comment: